The Institute of Theoretical Physics is Corresponding PI of the ERC Synergy Grant BioQ “Diamond Quantum Devices and Biology” which is looking in the development of quantum technologies for studying biology, the impact of quantum dynamics on biological function and the use of self-organised structures for creating quantum devices. This invited minireview is summarizing recent developments in the first and the third topic (for a review on the second topic see Contemp. Phys. 54, 181 (2013)).
- ITP and the Center of QuantumBioSciences is part of newly approved Collaborative Research Center 1279
- The work of the Institute was mentioned in The Economist
- Congratulations to Jorge Casanova for winning a “Forschungsbonus”!
- Summer BBQ
- The paper “Ultrasensitive magnetometer using a single atom” was selected as a PRL EDITORS’ SUGGESTION
Most Recent Papers
•Stochastic unraveling of positive quantum dynamics, Physical Review A, 95, 062101 (2017)
•Dissipatively Stabilized Quantum Sensor Based on Indirect Nuclear-Nuclear Interactions, Physical Review Letters, 119, 010801 (2017)
• Steady-state preparation of long-lived nuclear spin singlet pairs at room temperature , Physical Review B, 95, 224105 (2017)
Institute of Theoretical Physics
D - 89069 Ulm
Tel: ++49 / 731 / 50 - 22911
Fax: ++49 / 731 / 50 - 22924
Office: Building O25, room 410